Social media is a great tool for brands and entrepreneurs looking to expand visibility and engage with current or new customers. However, where social media was once a bastion of free advertising for those who knew how to capitalize on it, the landscape has evolved and matured. As a result, if you're using Facebook Ads for Pay Per Call, you may or may not have noticed that there are some pros and cons involved in doing so.
Evaluating the Pros of Facebook Ads for Pay Per Call
According to Facebook's corporate site, there are roughly 1.15 billion active daily users on mobile devices as of December 2016. Some 100 million people in the United States access Facebook from a mobile platform each day, making it a great tool for spreading your brand image and capitalizing on its reach with Pay Per Call. That's one major pro in favor of Facebook ads.
Among the pros you'll find when using Facebook ads for Pay Per Call are:
- Facebook is extremely cost-effective. The minimum spend is just $1 per day, and the site boasts the lowest cost per 1,000 impressions seen in ad history at roughly $.25 per 1,000 impressions. That figure equates to 1% of TV ad cost.
- Plentiful targeting options exist with Facebook. You can use anything from gender, age, location and marital status of users to interests, hobbies, and previous interactions with content when targeting consumers with your ads.
Assessing the Cons of Facebook Ads for Pay Per Call
Social media in general, and social media advertising in particular, is not a perfect environment. As such, you're bound to come across some cons when using Facebook Ads for Pay Per Call. Beyond the simple problem of cutting through the cluttered newsfeeds of followers to actually stand out, you have to compete with these cons as well:
- The click-through and conversion rates of Facebook Ads are lower than those of similar platforms, such as AdWords from Google.
- Irrelevant ads are still an issue in the system, and that detracts many viewers from giving Facebook ads they see a serious look.
- Using Facebook Ads requires determination. The system, like many others, is not a set-it-and-forget-it plan. You will need to put in the time and effort to optimize your campaigns.
If you can sift through the pros and cons of Facebook Ads for Pay Per Call as it relates to your business, you'll be better situated to determine its overall value for use in your marketing plans.